In a first for an Australian museum, ACMI X opens the doors to a new level of industry engagement, bringing together our curators/programmers/producers and administrators – alongside a co-working space for the creative industries. Designed by award-winning architects Six Degrees, ACMI X is a 2,000sqm state of the art office space in the heart of Melbourne’s arts precinct. ACMI X also houses the Melbourne offices of the National Film and Sound Archive (NFSA).
ACMI X has been established to provide a home to Melbourne’s creative industries practitioners. With a diverse range of specialties, ACMI X is a brand new 60 seat co-working space that houses a vibrant mix of creative practitioners including filmmakers, digital and visual artists, digital producers, web developers, screenwriters and designers. This exciting studio is reserved solely for creative practitioners, artists and businesses working with the moving image, and the mix of disciplines and talents chosen specifically to foster a creative culture that allows for collaboration, innovation and sustainability.
ACMI X provides an infrastructure and community platform that enables discovery, innovation, learning and growth for individuals and the industry alike. ACMI X's strength lies in the diversity and curation of its constituency and the focus on creative fusions and cross disciplinary partnerships that are expected to emerge from the tenants working in close proximity to one another and to ACMI's own creative employees.
ACMI X Aims & Objectives
- Formation of strategic industry partnerships from across private, academic, government and philanthropic sectors
- A rich creative culture balancing skills, ideas and creative disciplines to promote collaboration and generation of concepts;
- New opportunities for partnerships with access to an industry membership program, curated events, and being part of a dynamic working hub;
- Build capacity for independent and SME creative practitioners across the moving image;
- Access to a full program of networking events that benefit the practitioners and the industry;
- A full and effective co-working space that fosters innovation through mentoring, collaboration and proximity to all genres of the moving image;
- A cross-disciplinary space that is flexible and encourages risk taking and the flourishing of ideas;
- A community that continually evolves based on the requirements of its tenants and attracts tenants from local and international sectors;
- Development of a new type of major cultural institution by shifting to a model of co-creation with new collaborators and partners;
- To leverage ACMI’s resources, intellectual capital and experience back into the creative sector.
Our Permanent Resident Benefits
- Permanent ACMI X dedicated desk
- 24/7 access to ACMI X
- High speed internet
- Access to printers and scanners charged pro rata
- Access to communal meeting areas, social hub and kitchen cafe areas with free espresso coffee machine
- Fair use free meeting room access
- Bike parking, discounted car parking, standing desks, showers
- A curated events program and access to industry networking
- Lockable storage
- Business mailing address
- Library stuffed full of brain food
- ACMI Industry Membership
- Discounted access to ACMI spaces (cinemas, state of the art media and production studios, event spaces) & discounts and offers from our cultural, industry and festival partners.
- Exclusive invitations to ACMI networking and social events.